Amy partners with individuals and families to overcome their particular hurdles and successfully maneuver through the transitions of life. She enjoys working with people at any life stage from children to senior adults. Amy works collaboratively to establish personal or family goals, identify strengths, recognize resources, and find practical solutions to life issues. Her therapy approach is solution-focused, practical, creative and supportive and often mixed with humor. She finds pleasure serving a diverse clientele to address a variety of concerns.
Areas of Specialization
- Managing anxiety and anxiety disorders
- Managing stress including job, family and health-related stress
- Adapting to life changes
- Coping with grief and loss
- Improving family relationships and communication
- Exploring self-esteem issues and cultivating self-acceptance
- Living and coping with ADHD
Education & Experience
- MS in Community Mental Health Counseling at the University of West Georgia
- BA in English and Education from Mercer University
Amy has worked in various capacities in the mental health field for more than 20 years and with A New Start Counseling Center for more than 10 years. Also serving as the practice manager for A New Start in addition to her role as a therapist, Amy enjoys speaking at churches and organizations. A resident of Fayette County for most of her career, Amy lives with her teenage son and daughter, boxer puppy and Maine-coon cat. She loves taking photographs, working on home projects, cooking, reading, and enjoying adventures with friends or family. Life is too full of color to see only black and white.