Gretchen Peacock has more than 20 years of experience in assisting individuals, families and couples at A New Start Counseling Center. Dr. Peacock has special expertise in helping people cope with loss including death, divorce, and physical or sexual trauma. She has worked extensively with churches and pastoral staffs in support of the unique issues of spiritual life. She has a long established relationship with Focus on the Family.
In addition to the Fayetteville location, Dr. Peacock maintains office hours in Newnan by appointment only.
Areas of Specialization
- Grief and loss
- Life transitions
- Compulsive disorders
- Inability to express emotions
- Self esteem issues
- Spiritual struggles
- Dysfunctional marriage and family systems
- Trauma resolution
Education & Experience
- Doctorate in Marriage and Family Therapy from Fuller Theological Seminary in California
- MA in Marriage and Family Ministries from Fuller Theological Seminary
- MSE in Secondary Education/Social Studies Emphasis from Ouachita Baptist University in Arkansas
- BA in Sociology/Christian Education from Ouachita Baptist University
Dr. Peacock has been involved in the training of therapists at Regent University, Fuller Theological Seminary, Richmont Graduate University and Liberty University. She served six years of clinical practice at California Christian Counseling Center and has two years of experience counseling within a large church in Virginia prior to relocating to the metro Atlanta area. Dr. Peacock is married and has three sons.